Download and source the OpenStack user environment file¶
Download environment file¶
Follow these steps to find and download your personal OpenStack environment.
- Access the OpenStack dashboard with your credentials
- Click on Access&Security tab, then on API access (see screenshot)
- Click on Download OpenStack RC file V3
- A box appears asking whether to open the file with an editor or save it to local disk. The name of the file is $MYPROJECT-openrc.sh where $MYPROJECT is the name of your OpenStack project.
- Copy the file to your OpenStack client server.
Specify access to API Version 3¶
In order to have access to the full OpenStack functionalities you have to edit the environment file and add the following lines:
export OS_AUTH_VERSION=3 export OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
Source environment file¶
On your OpenStack client server (See here how to install the client libraries on an Ubuntu server) source the environment file:
You will be asked to give your local OpenStack password.
NOTE: if you registered to the GARR Cloud with IDEM or google authentication you have to ask for a local password in order to use the CLI. To ask for a password please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.